On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:59:13 -0500, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

>At 10:32 -0600 on 01/27/2016, Tom Marchant wrote about Re: Deleting a
>dataset that GRS has enqueued.:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:37:29 -0600, Ed Gould wrote:
>>
>>>Try disabling the VVDS on the volume
>>
>>ITYM disable the VTOC index.
>
>If you are going to go the amaspzap route but do not want to
>disable/enable the vvds,

What does "Disable the VVDS" mean?

>there is a simpler way of cleaning up the
>vvds. There is a "VVDS is Dirty" bit in the VTOC Format 4 record.

FSVO "simpler". and ITYM VTOCIX

>Use
>Superzap to display its current state (there is a special Dataset
>Name that accesses the needed Format 4 record and gives you full
>access to the VTOC). Now do the Dataset rename, run IEHPROGM, and zap
>the byte to flip the bit on.

Yeah, that's simpler than BUILDIX. Or not.

>The operating system will see the bit
>set and rebuild the VVDS for you. Note that the dirty bit might be
>for a dirty VTOC but I think that the VVDS will will be rebuilt in
>this case.

Again, VTOC Index, not VVDS. The information in the VVDS cannot be rebuilt
automatically in the case of a failure. The VTOC Index is optional and can be
rebuilt from the VTOC.

--
Tom Marhant