On 3/10/2016 5:45 AM, David Crayford wrote:
I use a custom 60x160 which seems to be the norm in our office. Lots of the tools we use, especially debuggers like z/XCD and DebugTool work much better with that model.

My 3270 displays are all 68x80 default size and 68x142 alternate size. Why?

I don't like "Screen format: 3. Max" in ISPF because long input fields on 80-byte-wide screens don't wrap. I use "1. Data" instead.

I don't like 24x80 default screen size because it's way, way too small for writing code (and just about anything else). Keeping the number of rows constant between default and alternate screen sizes avoids the ridiculousness of having the screens, fonts, etc. jump around and change depending on what I happen to be looking at.

141 is the optimal width for IPCS BROWSE, but Greg Price's REVIEW chokes on odd widths, so I uplifted to 142.

I reduced the number of rows on my displays from 90 down to 68 after I started needing glasses to work. Since then, I've been getting larger and larger PC monitors to compensate...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc