Mark Post wrote:
I don't know the answer to your question, but I might be able to point you in
the right direction.  I have never received a new version of z/OS on a DVD.
Have you?  Is it able to be IPLed from the HMC?  If so, then there is almost
certainly a file in the top-level directory that ends with a file extension of
.ins.  Look at that file.  It will point to the other files on the DVD that get
loaded to actually perform the IPL.  If you can figure out how IBM did it, you
should be able to duplicate the technique using your sysres.

ServerPac and CBPDO are both available on DVD, and you can get z/OS using either one (ServerPac is, of course, recommended as it's far less work). A fairly high percentage of ServerPac orders are on DVD. As Jim posted, z/OS IPL from the HMC is not supported.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie