Peter Relson wrote:

>I think of it as "yes, a whole lot of the pipeline needs to be purged because
>of an AMODE switch" because operand addresses need to be re-evaluated.

Indeed. This is by design.

>The general advice is to avoid AMODE switching when you can.

Yes. Here I agree!

Ok, to Jerry Callen:

You said: "I have an AMODE-64 function that needs to execute a short segment of
AMODE-31 code in a loop (I know this sounds wacky, but there is actually a
reason why I just can't change the AMODE-31 code), ..."

Please tell us WHAT is that short segment doing? Doing some I/O?

Perhaps you can call an AMODE-31 program which then execute that loop segment
from start to end. When finished, you come back and continue on AMODE-64.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht