If the dataset was *DELETED* you will have a tough time.

If the dataset was uncataloged,

DEF NVSAM(name('dsn') DEVT(xxxx) VOL(MIGRAT)

And then recall the dataset.

<snip>
I cannot issue the HRECALL because the dsn doesn't exist.  The same reason I
cannot issue the HRECOVER because there is no backup.
</snip>

This email � including attachments � may contain confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, distribute or act on it.
Instead, notify the sender immediately and delete the message.