> there are no versions of these instruction that rotate right...

Blatant liberal* slant?

Interesting. I was just looking at these instructions, which I have never used.
The rotate count is an immediate operand, and not an immediate operand
modifiable by Execute. Is there no way to rotate by an amount in a register,
other than by modifying an instruction in storage, or with a loop?

For those like me who have trouble remembering the mapping between facilities
and models, the high word facility comes along with the z196.

*Liberal in the American political sense, for our European and Asian members.

Charles