From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Hunkeler
Sent: 08 July 2016 09:13
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: AW: Re: AW: Re: IBM Knowledge Centre

-- This email has reached the Bank via an external source --

>Just out of curiosity, if ePubs of z/OS books provided all the same
>functionalities as PDFs (same technical content, same methods for
>obtaining/saving, etc.), plus had added benefits such as visual scaling and
>accessibility, would you still be so adamant about keeping PDFs?

Basically I don't care what format is used, what I *do care* is that I want one
format for which there is a reader on just about any platform. I do not want to
keep the same book in different formats for different platforms. As a matter of
fact, there are PDF readers available on all platforms (at least I now about
Linux, iOS, OSX, Windows, Android).

--
Peter Hunkeler

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc.
Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England
and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered
Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000.
Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office:
Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428.
Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential
Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and
Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings
is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any
attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.