On 8/16/2016 7:37 AM, Jon Bathmaker wrote:
Hi,
We are running NVAS and the SYSPRINT file gets directed to SYSOUT=* which is
fine as we can browse it if we need to.

For some reason (Audit request?) I am being asked to vacuum up the SYSOUT file
and put it into a GDG when the task is recycled, while still leaving it as
SYSOUT when the STC is active. .   Based on a message I received, a disp of
PASS and SYSOUT are incompatible.   I am now considering using SDSF in batch so
solve this problem (thanks to Lorne Heffer).

Anyone have any ideas?   Using a commercial Program Product is a non-starter
as, like everyone else the client is only interested in lower cost.   Thanks.

Note: SDSF _is_ a commercial Program Product with an associated price tag.

You might consider a second step in your NVAS STC that will copy the previous step's SYSPRINT to the disk file of your choosing right before the STC terminates. Here's how I would likely do it with (E)JES. SDSF should have a similar capability, but I'm not sure how you get the "current" job name and/or number into variables you can use for selection purposes. You might have to do it through REXX instead.

//NVAS     EXEC PGM=...
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//*
//COPY2DSK EXEC PGM=EJESLNK