STC, so sort of batch. Not UNIX command line, but POSIX(ON) and dubbed.

> almost anything else asking for more memory could fail, couldn't it?

Yes, in my model of how this works, LE GETMAINs a bunch of storage for heap.
When I do a new, it sub-allocates from that heap. If the heap is exhausted LE
does another GETMAIN. Lather, rinse, repeat. When storage is gone, it's gone,
pretty much no matter who you are.

I'm not sure *exactly* what the reserved storage is used for. What is the
"trigger" or "authorization" for a particular request to be able to be
satisfied from the reserved storage? Is that where the failed load is
attempting to get its storage from? I am going to guess not, so reserving a
megabyte won't make any difference. Maybe.

And yes, exactly, I meant CEE3DMP().

Charles