Ah! Most excellent. Thank you.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jim Mulder
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 10:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CEEDUMP possible following 'new' failure

> The remaining problem is that I am not getting any diagnostic
information,
> in other words, exactly *which* new failed -- which will of course
> make
any
> bug of this sort in the field hard to find. I call CEEDUMP to get a
> call trace and it produces an *empty* four-line dataset. On the
> console I get
>
> IEW4000I FETCH FOR MODULE CEEMENU3 FROM DDNAME *VLF*    FAILED BECAUSE
> INSUFFICIENT STORAGE WAS AVAILABLE.
> CSV031I LIBRARY ACCESS FAILED FOR MODULE CEEMENU3, RETURN CODE 24,
REASON
> CODE 26080021, DDNAME *LNKLST*

  I would suggest putting the CEEDUMP-related modules in LPA.  Our intention
in z/OS is that modules involved in the production of
SYSABEND/SYSUDUMP/SYSMDUMP/IEATDUMP/SDUMP
should be in LPA, so that they don't need get loaded into exhausted
REGION-constrained storage while trying to take a dump of REGION-constrained
storage exhaustion.  (And I say "our intention"
because we do sometimes find cases where we did not do what we intended).