Hilary Hurwitz wrote:

>But I have a few problems with this.
>If the email  fails the job ends with a 0, and until a rejection email arrives
>back to me, I have no idea of problems.

>I have a feeling we have a hole in the knowledge of our tcp people here. Is
>this the way to work ? Surely the job should be able to know if the email was
>sent?

Rather use CSSMTP as others suggested.

Ask your TCP/IP team to look for these messages in CSSMTP:

10/26 05:09:53 SMTP  EVENT  :016:mlJesDisposition:<jobname> / J0500482 ended.
Disp: DELETE Total: 1  Syntax: 0  Sent: 1  Udv: 0  Dead: 0 Extnd: 0

For failures, look in CSSMTP output, something like SYS<5 digits> . there you
will see some messages of failed attempts to use the contents of the spool,
like this sample:

                    Error Report for P..EMAIL (J0504654)

Job P..EMAIL/        /IEBGENER (J0504654) created by ?? at Wed, 26
For DDname: SYSUT2    Dataset name: ?.P?EMAIL.J0504654.D0000102.?
SMTP_SMTP generated the following messages:

--- Line     4 Mail     1 : FROM:<...>
500 5.5.1 JES Unknown command, 'FROM:<...'

Completed at Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:19:12 +0200

     1 = mail messages found
     0 = mail messages with errors

     1 = recipients to whom mail was sent successfully
     0 = recipients to whom mail messages could not be delivered

Disposition of the JES file was HOLD

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht