On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> ... except that they are pushing Linux on Z. Linux is the ultimate
> commodity business.
>
> I have heard those who should know refer to the IBM Z business as a cash
> cow.

​Which, I guess, means that the hardware, all on it's own, has a high
enough margin. ​But I'm still not likely to find a z13s at the mom & pop
fast food place like I would a PC or two. Probably not even in a high
priced law firm. But I can see a z13s running Linux as a "cloud server" to
those types of businesses. Which cycles back to why Amazon doesn't offer
z/Linux on a z13s for the "discerning customer". I guess because Amazon
prefers a farm of nearly identical servers. I know here (where I work),
I.T. management wants to be all Wintel and I'm convinced it is because they
simply don't really know how to manage a z/OS ecosystem.

> Charles

Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/

Maranatha! <><