Well,

I reported it via the HMC and did not get a callback or even a email from IBM
or support.  I called and opened it telephonic-ally and our IBMFE called me and
told me he has no idea how it works, but he will "get back with me".

I successfully changed the domain as you pointed out, and now it gets sent from:

p64hmc1_eventmoni...@p64hmc1.syzygyinc.com

Unfortunately, the P64HMC1 after the "@" still renders it discarded by the
email server, since there is no NX record int he DNS for P64HMC1.SyzygyInc.com.

I need to be able to get rid of the P64HMC1 part of this.  Is it allowable to
drop the name completely so that it gets sent from:

eventmoni...@syzygyinc.com?  or would dropping it end up with
eventmoni...@.syzygyinc.com (extra dot in front of the domain)

Brian