On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 16:04:49 -0600, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>How would you enter that number in a bilingual editor/word processor?  Which
>digit would you press first?
>
>I once had Google translate a short sentence to Arabic.  I was puzzled
>to see the period on the right.  But, ah, that's a Latin period, so it belongs
>on the right in bilingual text.  Can't reproduce the behavior today.
>
>--gil

I have rarely worked with a word processor for a right to left language so I
don't remember which digit is entered first. But the numbers do come out to be
in the same order and yes the decimal point does appear on the right.
Interestingly the same order is used in some other languages, for example Urdu,
 that use adapted Arabic script although numbers are read from most significant
side i.e. three hundred forty five.

MKK