English is a pidgin language, combined from the three Celtic languages
on the British Isles and 4 norther European languages from northern
Europe.

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/how-english-evolved-into-a-modern-language/1575959.html
https://www.englishclub.com/history-of-english/
http://www.thehistoryofenglish.com/