>>>Hmm, Sri, did we forget about the NULLOUT Parm/OPTION?  :-)>

Dale,

NULLOUT is used to set a return code when there are NO records. OP wanted
the opposite. He wants to set a return code when he has at least 1 record,
so that it would trigger his additional processing.

>>Might I respectfully suggest that your documentation could use some
work, if neither the OP nor the diligent @Lizette could find the answer to
this simple question?

Charles,

I am not sure what keywords/Phrase was used for search, but a simple
search for NOTEMPTY in DFSORT Application programming guide will point to
the link that I gave earlier. You would have found the same link while
searching for EMPTY.  Ideally for any question related to DFSORT, I
suggest looking in DFSORT Application programming Guide, and if it is an
error, then I would start looking in DFSORT Messages and codes manual.

Kolusu
DFSORT Development