From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Sri h Kolusu
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 3:36 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How can I set Non-zero return code in DFSORT when SORTOUT
record count is not zero

>>>Hmm, Sri, did we forget about the NULLOUT Parm/OPTION?  :-)>

Dale,

NULLOUT is used to set a return code when there are NO records. OP wanted
the opposite. He wants to set a return code when he has at least 1 record,
so that it would trigger his additional processing.

>>Might I respectfully suggest that your documentation could use some
work, if neither the OP nor the diligent @Lizette could find the answer to
this simple question?

Charles,

I am not sure what keywords/Phrase was used for search, but a simple search
for NOTEMPTY in DFSORT Application programming guide will point to the link
that I gave earlier. You would have found the same link while searching for
EMPTY.  Ideally for any question related to DFSORT, I suggest looking in
DFSORT Application programming Guide, and if it is an error, then I would
start looking in DFSORT Messages and codes manual.