On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:51:21 -0500, Ron Thomas wrote:

>Thanks for all the suggestions , Also, i would like to know how we can trigger
>the copy from the z/OS UNIX directory to a data set as soon the file arrives
>in the unix directory from the linux VM?

If I had sftp and I could rely on the associated ssh's not being disabled, I'd
not
bother to "trigger the copy".  I'd do it in one command:

    cat linux.file | sftp user@zOS "cp [-options] /dev/fd/0
\"//'data.set.name(member)'\""

Preallocate the receiving data set with suitable attributes and space.

If you rely on the "cp" command to create that data set, be aware that SPACE
in the "cp" command has a bizarre behavior (I think it's a bug (i.e. WAD)
institutionalized for spurious compatibility).  Specify a secondary extent large
enough to contain the data.

-- gil