On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 13:26:30 -0500, Ron Thomas wrote:

>we are looking at copy the file to a GDG,  once it reaches the z/OS directory
>using the below job. so what i am looking is how we can automate this job so
>once file reaches the unix directory it copies and delete the source ?

Heck; I don't mind getting fancy and embellishing my previous idea:

cat linux.file | ssh user@zOS "cat >/export/home/PX1COMT/test.txt
echo \"\\
//COPYSTEP EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//FILE DD PATH='/export/home/PX1COMT/test.txt',PATHDISP=DELETE
//PTST DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PTHMICST.TEST.R1.Y(+1)
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN DD *
OCOPY INDD(FILE) OUTDD(PTST) TEXT\" | /bin/submit"

-- gil