On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Ron Thomas <ron5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> we are looking at copy the file to a GDG,  once it reaches the z/OS
> directory using the below job. so what i am looking is how we can automate
> this job so once file reaches the unix directory it copies and delete the
> source ?
>
> //COPYSTEP EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
> //FILE DD PATH='/export/home/PX1COMT/test.txt'
> //PTST DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PTHMICST.TEST.R1.Y(+1)
> //SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
> //SYSTSIN DD *
> OCOPY INDD(FILE) OUTDD(PTST) TEXT
>
> what i am thinking is scheduling the job at different time of the day . is
> this a good option or there is any other way to do it ?

​That is basically the only method that I know of which does not require
using an SMF IEFU8n exit to trap SMF record type 92, subtype 11 (file
closed) or type 14 (file renamed).​

​I wish that IBM had something equivalent to the Linux "inotify" system.
That is an API which allows a daemon (such as "icrond") to monitor one or
more files or directory for changes. The "icrond" is a daemon somewhat akin
to "icron" which makes it easier to say "if this file/directory changes run
this command/script".​

--
Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Maranatha! <><
John McKown