Hey all
I think that I have got a lot of good and fine answers from many people in
this discussion LIST
You have really contributed in understanding of this topic.
And I also conclude from the amount of answers that it is something of
great interest ..

I would like to be a bit more specific and ask in for  further detail.

The customer run Z/OS 2.1 and CICS TS 5.x and DB2 version 11.
and there're are of course many tools from different vendors e.g..
monitor, DB2 tools and abend debugging tool.

Have anybody experience with the vendor MetaWare doing migration ,
Did they succeed in migrating.
What did they migrate to
How long time did it take

DB2
Cics
ZOS
Tools

And of course , you may still come up with further experience ,
considerations

Regards
James