From: Steve Thompson <ste...@copper.net>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2017 9:01 am
Subject: Re: Migration of Mainframe to other plat form

On 05/04/2017 05:18 AM, James Wellingtin wrote:
<SNIPPAGE>

> Have anybody experience with the vendor MetaWare doing migration ,
> Did they succeed in migrating.
> What did they migrate to
> How long time did it take
<SNIPPAGE>

I understand your frustration. I am guilty of what I have been
frustrated with others about. One asks a question, and never gets
a direct answer to the main question being asked.

After doing a bit of research on MetaWare, assuming we are
talking about the same company, they are a privately owned France
based entity.

I have found nothing about them, using Google, to know much about
them on a technical/effective basis. Their website doesn't give
much to go on in this area. However, I am amused by their stats
they publish. Such as a 295% ROI in one year. But then again, I
know that 86.3% of all stats are made up.

And so, since no one has said anything about them in/on this
list, one must assume that (1) none of us have experience with
them, or (2) those that do are not allowed to discuss anything
because of an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) whether effected by
an out of court settlement or actually signed prior to
engagement, etc. or, (3) those who do have experience with them
are Lurkers that never post.

Regards,
Steve Thompson