"As I  am reading this, all I can think of is Windows 10 and Automatic updates.
Since accidentally going to Windows 10, I have crashed my laptop at least 10
times and spent many days and a lot of money trying to recover. Be careful what
you wish for."

Ditto on windows anything. I've had quite enough of windows automatic updates,
system restore, reboot, safe mode, reload the entire operating system, reload
various drivers, reload various apps, reboot again, etc. etc.

No thanks.

Bobbie Jo Justice
Senior z/OS Systems Engineer