On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Bobbie Justice <
00000013e2d84072-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> "As I  am reading this, all I can think of is Windows 10 and Automatic
> updates. Since accidentally going to Windows 10, I have crashed my laptop
> at least 10 times and spent many days and a lot of money trying to recover.
> Be careful what you wish for."
>
> Ditto on windows anything. I've had quite enough of windows automatic
> updates, system restore, reboot, safe mode, reload the entire operating
> system, reload various drivers, reload various apps, reboot again, etc. etc.
>
> No thanks.

​At home, I have Windows 7 Professional which I run in a VM under Linux -
Fedora 25. The _only_ time that I use this is to log on to work. It is
_required_ because work eliminated our VPN in favor of using "Microsoft
Terminal Server Gateway". This decision was made during the height of the
"We are going 100.00000% Microsoft! If it's not MS, we will refuse to run
it!" to the sounds of cheering by the Windows support staff.This was
immediately after our business-oriented CIO retired and the Windows
Infrastructure manager was promoted to CIO. That person is gone, but parts
of his "legacy" remains.

--
Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown