[Default] On 25 Jun 2017 08:39:25 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
idfli...@gmail.com (scott Ford) wrote:

>I firmly believe criteria thinking is important in Windows,unix,Linux and
>of course the "Z system"  world.
>Many of the same theories and practices apply. Everyday I run into people
>who have a tough time with system installs , system problems because
>instead of understanding how something works they assume.

Because there is so much to know and understand on any platform, I
have gotten myself in trouble with assumptions.  I also have been able
to solve problems by digging as deeply as needed.    I have the
background to understand many things although I realize that my
knowledge is limited and I can get myself in trouble.  I rely on the
now retired school psychologist down the road for help with some of my
hardware and communications problems.  Experience and the right mind
set helps.  For those who are just using the computer as a tool to get
something done, they can be in the same boat as grasping the simple
things to us as we would be in grasping the simple things in their
fields of competence and knowledge.

Clark Morris