I agree, but it's important to note that there are far more similarities than
differences.  Most of the differences you see between country sites are the
same thing you would see different between two sites within the USA.

You can have a site in Arizona (which doesn't do daylight savings) and one in
Alaska that are basically identical, and two others in the same places that are
worlds apart because of their own local "mods".  The location doesn't govern
the differences for the most part, it's more a blend of the people who worked
on those systems in the past and how they approached "getting things done".

The fact that they might be in different states or countries is not the
deciding factor for the most part of their differences or similarities.  If
someone is running vanilla CICS/TS V5.2 in Texas, it's probably going to be
identical, or close to it, to the one someone is running in Dubai.

There are lots of cultural differences, but if you ask data center support
people in Maine about dealing with data center support in Dallas, you will find
that they feel they are on different planets.

I'm not trying to say there are no differences due to the specific country, but
there are far more similarities.  Also, two sites in the same foreign country,
for instance France, can be totally dissimilar, or could be twins, the same as
any two other sites.

Maybe it's because I have see so many (literally) hundreds of sites, that I
tend to always see the similarities.  The differences between any two sites
will always be there, whether they are 2 miles or 12,000 miles apart.  I think
that as far as IBM mainframes are concerned, aside from language, the country
of residence is almost irrelevant.  (just my opinion, feel free to disagree)

Brian