True. We had some manuals translated in German (PL/1, IIRC),
where the translation was so bad that it was almost unusable.
It turned out that the translation had been done by people
who had no understanding of the topic (PL/1, programming language).
This was in the 1980s, BTW. We used english manuals from then on,
exclusively. OTOH, there were some really good translations of the
Principles of Operation; I recall having a German version from the
43xx period. It always depends if the translator knows what he/she
is talking about.

Kind regards

Bernd