I love it when companies nickel-and-dime on expenses. Do they really think
that folks aren't gonna get it back some other way? A friend was once
challenged (by Finance, not his manager) over a dime for a pay toilet. His
manager came to him and said "Just bury it somewhere else"-he realized it
was stupid, but not a winnable fight. Probably a firing offense for both,
but c'mon...

I may have told this story, but I was at a customer site in Chicago about 15
years ago. At lunchtime, it was clear that as The Vendor, we were buying.
That was fine with us until the customer headed down a street that dead-ends
at the river, and we realized that the only sign we could see was for a
strip club. My cow-orker and I were sharing glances and muttering "YOU get
to expense this one".

Fortunately, just short of the club, the customer veered into an
almost-invisible hole-in-the-wall deli, so we didn't have to try to fight
that battle!