> On Aug 21, 2017, at 8:12 PM, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> —————————SNIP________________________________________________
> ​How times have changed. I only turned in an expense report one - 2 weeks
> in a class in St. Paul. I filled out the report based on my receipts. My
> boss rejected it because IT WAS TOO LOW! I guess it made everybody else
> look bad. He instructed me to fill it out with numbers near those which
> were "recommend"​ on the form.

—————SNIP———————————————
I won’t go into the details to much. The shift managers in the DC were always
taking people out for dinners and then they would find other managers to take
out for dinner. The expense accounts were (I heard) really high. A manger
friend of mine was taken out for dinner and they ordered a $600 bottle of wine.
He was sure that he was going to get called on the carpet for that, but no, it
was paid in full. I had a few favorite dinner spots and the one place for 8
people the check was $500 . One time I was out in Boston (I don’t remember if
it was GUIDE or SHARE) the group I was with went out for dinner and someone
ordered a bottle for $125 and he thought everyone would chip in. To make a long
story short he drank the bottle himself.

On the other extreme, I was going to IBM classes 2-3 times a month and not in
Chicago but DC and other nice places(LA, NYC, etc.). The hotel rate in DC was a
little bit higher than the company liked. I ended up buying my own meals and
not expensing them and I got called on the carpet for that. I had to redo the
expense report and I was guessing (but making it reasonable for DC) and I think
I came out ahead by 1.00. I was scolded for not spending money!

Then I went to work for another company and was asked to give a class on DFHSM
to the HQ people in Dallas (IIRC). The company said they would take care of
everything. SO I was flabbergasted, when the limo showed up to take me to the
air port and it had a swimming pool in the back of the limo. I certainly didn’t
need it especially a trip the the air port.

Then there was another company that was so cheap, I ended up arguing with the
VP over $24 a month for the DFP option for SMS. Every time I saw him he would
really give me a hard time.
I got a little irratated and wrote up a 5 page executive over view of SMS and
in a meeting with him I gave hime the overview and after he read it he shut up
and OK’d the $24 a month additional charge, but it took a solid month of
arguing.

Ed