Well, what do you know, I follow that rule without knowing why until
today.  And the IEAFP macro makes sense now.  Thanks Dave Cole and
Peter Morrison for the enlightenment.

Also, obviously my suggestion about referring to FPR 1 to test the
facility is superfluous unless your program needs to run on old
long-out-of-support hardware and systems.

sas