We have many MXG users who have moved their SAS Processing to Linux or Windows,
where only a Workstation license may be needed, and there is no download of the
SMF data file; the SAS ftp access method reads the z/OS data and only the output
SAS datasets need disk space on the ASCII platform.

And that eliminates the risk and cost of reprogramming.

I'd also be VERY concerned about the execution time if your applications are
high volume under Java versus under SAS.

And if the reason for DB2 is for your DB2 DBAs that only speak SQL, they
can use the free PROC SQL and issue SQL calls and reports to their heart's
content.

And you have the full power of SAS ODS to create output in HTML, EXCEL, etc.

With the already working and tested SAS language program unchanged.

Merrilly THANKSGIVING TO ALL,

Barry Merrill

Merrilly yours,

 Herbert W. Barry Merrill, PhD