Running z/OS V2.2 on a z13. "D DIAG" shows FREEMAINEDFRAMES(YES)

I'm not trying to solve any specific problem. I'm just curious.

I'd like to see the behaviour in different situations when real storage
(frames) has been kept as part of RSMs new "freemained frames" feature after
the virtual storage has been released (freemained).

Sample program is obtaining a couple of 10MiB areas, then assessing each page
so to make sure it is backed with real storage. Some of the areas are then
released again. I was expecting to be able to still access the released pages
because RSM decided to keep the frames. Am getting S0C4 instead.

Obviously, RSM considers it unnecessary to keep the frames as freemained frames.

What, if anything, can I do to have RSM keep the frames when the storage is
released?

--
Peter Hunkeler