>This not much different from the old situation, where you getmain a page,
>freemain half of it, so the frame still remains valid and is fully accessible.

Yes, it is much different! In the case you describe, you will find the page is
allocated in the VSMDATA report. With freemained frames, you not see anything
in VSMDATA.

Ed confirmed what was my understanding, VSM knows nothing about freemained
frames. All traces are gone once the storage is freemained (when the page is
completely freemained).

Earlier this year, when chasing the S0CA problems in COBOL code, I saw
successful access to some virtual addresses in the system trace but VSMDATA
said that page is not getmained. I did not understand how this can be, back
then. I didn't know about freemained frames, yet. Now I understand.

The RSMDATA REALFRAME report marks such freemained frames. Out of curiosity,
I'd like to once see this in a dump. Hence my question how to create such a
situation.

--
Peter Hunkeler