Like the story a friend tells of working at CIA and having CA-Top Secret,
having to explain to an auditor why there were books labeled "TOP SECRET"
sitting out on a bookshelf, instead of being stored in a safe!

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 7:30 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 20:40:41 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:
>
> >My boss on the government side would pull tapes and tell key people that
> they were dead, then have everyone else continue the test without the
> pulled tapes or "dead" personnel.  That made for a much more reasonable
> test, since in a real disaster bad things happen.
> >
> A beta site of one of our products disabled the volume containing our load
> library
> then issued a shutdown command.  Crashed.  Some shutdown code was
> transient.
> We fixed it.
>
> And an early version signed on with a message on the Operators' console,
> "SECRET;
> property of [vendor]; all rights reserved."  Or something lawyers thought
> we should
> say.  We quickly learned there are some sites where operators are not
> allowed to
> routinely dismiss a message containing the S-word.
>
> -- gil

zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"