Tim Hare wrote:

>Set MANx CISIZE to half track (26624).

Interesting. Why half track? Is it documented that it will help? Just curious
if you don't mind, please.

>//            AMP='BUFND=60',
>60 buffers = 2 cylinders if you are using half track CI sizes.

That is a good one. I really need to investigate that AMP and its friends.

>On the output sequential datasets on disk we use
>RECFM=VBS,LRECL=32760,BLKSIZE=0  and let the system choose the blocking.

Oh, yes, I should have mentioned that. This is what I always do. Let the sytem
decide about blocksize. Thanks Tim.

>If you have huge amounts of data you might consider using striping for the
>output if it is going to disk;

Striping? Hmmmmm. Ok, I will really need to talk with my storage admin about
this little gem.

Thanks Tim. You burned a hole in my dizzy brain. ;-)

I really appreciate your kind and helpful reply to Lizette's post. Much
appreciated.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht