Martin Packer wrote:

>I always thought IFASMFDP (and now IFASMFDL) could do with an exit point - so
>you could reformat (flatten, essentially) or filter records using it. That
>might cut down data moves.

IFASMFDP has such exit points where USER1/2/3 exit points are given control
after each record is read and before that record is written out or not
depending on exits own RC=0/4.

See this IRRADU00 example which 'reformat and flatten' the selected records [
for RACF unloads].

//SMF       EXEC PGM=IFASMFDP
//INDD     DD DISP=SHR,DSN=<smf>
//OUTDD    DD DISP=OLD,DSN=....IRRADU00
//SORTWK01 DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(200,100))
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//ADUPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SMFOUT   DD DUMMY
//SYSIN    DD *
INDD(INDD,OPTIONS(DUMP))
OUTDD(SMFOUT,TYPE(20,30,80,81,83))
ABEND(NORETRY)
USER2(IRRADU00)
USER3(IRRADU86)

I don't know about IFASMFDL....

>Next time I talk to “Mr SMF” I should ask him - but I’m already tying up
>enough of his time. :-)

;-D

Groete /  Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht