Ours range from 300 to 700 cylinders per type (Default, RMF, DB2, RACF)

DFHSM handles the migration of them when they fill up.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to speed up IFASMFDP SMF Dump process

Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>> I don't know about IFASMFDL....
>AFAIK the IFASMFDL is "system logger mutation" of IFASMFDP.

Thanks. I just forgot about this explanation.

>Note, currently IBM pushes customers to use logger instead of SYS1.MAN
>datasets.

I am just waiting for big blue's SOD that SYS1.MANx and IFASMFDP are to be
dropped, then I will hurry up... ;-)

I know there is a general sizer where you can estimate your structures' sizes,
but is there a sizer for SMF logger(s) in XCF where you can 'guess' how big it
should be based on x million records in y hours from z LPARs?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht