On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:02:10 -0400, Steve Smith wrote:

>What there should be is a world-wide ban on the lunacy of "daylight savings
>time".

I think my energy would be more productively spent working for a world-wide
ban on the lunacy of nuclear weapons, or toward finding a cure for cancer.
Spending 30 seconds semiannualy to reset my watch is a lesser lunacy.

>On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:33 AM, Giliad Wilf wrote:
>
>> Seems there should have been a more generalized, better convention for
>> specifying back and forth daylight switching. Sigh.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database

Alas, not embraced by POSIX.  And it doesn't involve any "switching".  No
system control blocks need to be updated semiannualy.

Mainframers are peculiarly upset by this "lunacy" largely because they
refuse to accept a proven solution.  NIH.

-- gil