From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 9:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: IEFA107I when pointing to dataset alias

This email originated from outside of the organization.

What am I trying to do?
Let's say a product installation/customisation allows only for 1 HLQ, so I
choose B for it because
A.** is used to host datasets that need to be LNK/LPAd.
B.** is used to host datasets that need to be APFd or nothing at all (just
run-time).

A.** goes direct to the MCAT and B.** goes to a CATALOG.B.UCAT

Because I mentioned the 1 HLQ in product customisation, I need to make sure
that if the files are looked for in B.**, the A.** files need to be reachable
via their alises in B.**.

Makes sense?

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure