While you can cancel IRLM or DB2, this should only be done as a last resort
if DB2 is not responding to -STOP DB2 or -STOP DB2 MODE(FORCE). In ancient
times when there were real tape drives, DB2 would hang waiting for a tape
mount to archive logs when the logs had all filled or if a QMF user hit
attention twice.

Jim Ruddy