>First of all, the dispatcher code for ZIIP processing is not the same as the
>GP dispatcher.

Do you know this, or is it just an assumption on your side? After all I read,
it still would't make sense to me.

If you think of the "need help" process for the zIIP to be special, isn't there
a similar process for CPs? With hiperdispatch, the system tries to redispatch
work to the same (L)CP as much as possible. In support of this, the CPs are
grouped into nodes (I believe that is the term). Each node mainly serving its
own, separate work init queue. But CPs from other nodes will help if one node
becomes overloaded.
The above is how I remember it from a discussion I had with Robert Vaupel (IBM).

--
Peter Hunkeler