Jim,
Thank you for the clarification, however, that still leaves open the question
of WHY more than 30% on a single zIIP or 60% on two is not a good idea.

That is what triggered this whole chain of emails.  Why can GPs run reasonably
well at over 95% and zIIPs struggle, or so people have reported.  We are a
development shop and so rarely, if ever, push them that hard.  We have, but
that was doing things you would not do in the real world, like having a loop in
your code you didn't know about. :)

If you can't tell us the why, can you tell us what reasonable utilization
numbers are for a range of numbers of zIIPs?  I think the user community as a
whole is interested.

Chris Blaicher
Technical Architect
Mainframe Development
P: 201-930-8234  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: cblaic...@syncsort.com

Syncsort Incorporated
2 Blue Hill Plaza #1563
Pearl River, NY 10965
www.syncsort.com

Data quality leader Trillium Software is now a part of Syncsort.