On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:18:24 +0200, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>I have job with the following steplib:
>
>//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=HLQ.LNKLST.LIB1
>// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=HLQ.LNKLST.LIB2
>// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=HLQ.NONLNK.LIB3
>
>LIB1, and LIB2 reside in LNKLST, but not on APF.
>LIB3 is not on LNKLST, but is APF-authorized.
>
>The job works when all 3 libraries are in steplib concatenation. When I
>remove LIB1 and LIB2 it doesn't work. Is it because lack of explicit APF
>authirization?
>LNKLST is authorized by IEASYS default entry.

It would help to know what you mean by "works" and "doesn't work".

But for a start, remember that LNKAUTH=LNKLST means that the libraries in the
link list are all authorized *when they are accessed as part of the link list*.
Therefore, your STEPLIB concatenation is *not* APF-authorized, because it
contains LIB1 and LIB2 which are not APF-authorized in your usage.

My guess about what you mean by "doesn't work" is that once the job step is
running APF-authorized (which will happen when you remove LIB1 and LIB2 from
STEPLIB) you're getting an S0C4 abend because some program you're running
claims to be RENT but isn't. When run APF-authorized it's loaded into protected
storage, and when it tries to store into itself it gets the S0C4.

--
Walt