> Based on advice on another thread I am now calling errno2() on certain
> socket errors. I get back an integer that I dutifully display in hex:
>
> XXX0123I errno2 = x'12345678'. Look up using BPXMTEXT.
>
> That message kind of offends me. When I get a basic library error I use
> strerror() to convert it to text. I would like to convert errno2() to text,
> rather than telling customers to go look it up for themselves.

Likewise.

A while back I went looking for some way to convert errno2 to a message without
calling BPXMTEXT
and got nowhere before I had to get back to Real Work (tm). It seems to me that
either:

* strerror() just ought to do it, or
* there should be a dead-simple API.

I guess this calls for an enhancement request...

-- Jerry