The dynamic exits facility does a pretty much perfect job of isolating various
exit routines one from another.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steff Gladstone
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Looking for an appropriate system exit

After a respite of several months this topic has gotten  hot again for us.
We believe that using the IEFUSI and IEFACTRT exits answer our need to gain
control at job-step initialization and again at job-step termination.

My question is:  if we use the dynamic exits facility, that is, the console
command

           SETPROG EXIT,ADD,EX=xxxxxxxx,MOD=xxxxxxxx,LAST

(or issue the equivalent CSVDYNEX macro in an assembler program) to add our
exit routines to the system exit points SYS.IEFUSI AND SYS.IEFACTRT, and
assuming we are careful to return R15=0 in our exit routines and not change
anything in the passed parameters, could that still affect or override in
any way the results of the default or system exit routines already in
effect for those exit points?   We would like our exits to be as innocuous
as possible and not adversely affect what is already in the system.