From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Steff Gladstone <steff.gladst...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Looking for an appropriate system exit

Three questions regarding IEFACTRT:

1. Where is use of IEFYS for writing messages to the JOBLOG documented?
The example given in the documentation for IEFACTRT is incomplete.  Google
doesn't seem to locate the doc as well.

2. I am abending on S0C4 because getmained areas are automatically being
freed at end of step, before IEFACTRT gets control.  It is not clear to me
if SUBPOOL alone can solve the problem.  Do I need to specify
TCBADDR=TCBJSTCB on  the STORAGE macro so that the "input TCB" is the
job-step TCB?  What course is recommended?

3. The documentation says one can dynamically allocate within IEFACTRT but
the BPXWDYN routine returns a non-zero return code.  (Same code that works
fine in a regular program.)  Is this a limitation of BPXWDYN? Should I code
an SVC 99 call myself?

Thank you  in advance,
Steff Gladstone