On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 22:53:11 +0200, Steff Gladstone wrote:

>Three questions regarding IEFACTRT:
>
>1. Where is use of IEFYS for writing messages to the JOBLOG documented?
>The example given in the documentation for IEFACTRT is incomplete.  Google
>doesn't seem to locate the doc as well.
>
>2. I am abending on S0C4 because getmained areas are automatically being
>freed at end of step, before IEFACTRT gets control.  It is not clear to me
>if SUBPOOL alone can solve the problem.  Do I need to specify
>TCBADDR=TCBJSTCB on  the STORAGE macro so that the "input TCB" is the
>job-step TCB?  What course is recommended?
>
>3. The documentation says one can dynamically allocate within IEFACTRT but
>the BPXWDYN routine returns a non-zero return code.  (Same code that works
>fine in a regular program.)  Is this a limitation of BPXWDYN? Should I code
>an SVC 99 call myself?

What was your argument string for BPXWDYN?  Return code?  Message text?

I have used SYSCALL open /dev/console followed by SYSCALL write.

o This gives no control of routing/descriptor.

o Automation may intercept BPXF024I.

Also possible:  SYSCALL writefile /dev/console

Also possible:  BPXWDYN( "alloc path('/dev/console') filedata(text) msg(WTP)
..." )

-- gil