Peter Relson wrote:

>When the facility was developed, we took a stab at which existing exits that
>we thought were most likely to be of help to the most customers. And I'd hope
>that new exits use it.

That was one of the best stabs I got from Big Blue. It saved me an unneeded IPL
when one of my SMF exits went down the bit bucket.

That exit was called once, a dump took place and SMF just disable it. I had to
remove it from SMFPRMxx and from LPA, analyze the problem and put it back first
on LPA and then back on SMF.

Years ago, before those dynamic exit facility, it was a real PITA to add a new
accounting code in IEFUJI exit. Then some one (not me) rewrote the IEFUJI to
have LOAD  EP=<module containing the batch account codes> avoiding an IPL.

Now these days we are using RACF to check up those accounting codes. IRREVX00
exit is also an excellent user of that great dynamic exit facility.

I could also go on for example those ISPF exits which you can reload it by just
logoff/logon on to TSO.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht