On 10/24/2018 10:41 AM, scott Ford wrote:

I never had to use SMP/E in my career except for simple items, like
Receives, Applies , etc.
Now I am in a situation that need more detailed information a (self-study)
would be really appreciated. Can anyone help me out, point me to one ?
Long ago there used to be a relatively in depth self study tutorial with audio cassettes and workbooks. I think it was produced by SRA? I doubt that is available these days. In any case, I only know about a couple of high level SMP/E tutorials:

SMP/E Primer, in the SMP/E User's Guide: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.gim3000/primer.htm z/OS Basic Skills: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/zosbasics/com.ibm.zos.zsysprog/zsysprogc_whatissmpe.htm

As already mentioned, you might find interesting stuff in IBM Redbooks. Otherwise, maybe Google will be your friend, or ask your specific questions here for a crowd sourced answer.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development