On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 22:12:45 +0000, Longabaugh, Robert E wrote:

>CA has offered Internet Service Retrieval (RECEIVE ORDER) since January 2018.
>
>https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/status/announcement-documents/2018/ca-smp-e-receive-order---maintenance-delivery-made-easy.html
>
>I believe that at least one other ISV offers RECEIVE ORDER, but do not want
>name the wrong one.

This seems to address the end customer's point of view.  Is there something
similar, either from IBM or from CA, addressing the fellow ISV's point of view?
Did CA reverse-egineer IBM's process, or bribe IBM to share it?  (I read only
the first page.)

>The most recent MVS Packaging Rules that I know of is for SMP/E 3.5.  It does
>have rules to build your function sysmods that would apply to any delivery
>vehicle.  There is also some documentation that applies to service sysmods as
>well, for example if you are creating a new load module or adding a module to
>an existing load module.

And there remains the silliness that adding an existing MOD element to an
existing
LMOD requires that the MOD be re-delivered even if it's unchanged.

PITA.  I know; WAD.  It shouldn't be.  I had to write code to check for new
INCLUDEs
and remind the developer to re-deliver the MOD.

-- gil